The Program - Book Review

0


The Program by Suzanne Young focuses on a girl named Slone who live in future in which teenage suicide is an epidemic and The Program is the only problem solutions. Suicidal and depressed teens enter The Program have all of their sad and dramatic memories wiped clean and then they are released a shiny happy shell of the person they used to be.

Their depression is gone, but yes so everything that made who they were. Slone has to constantly hide her feelings and her emotions for fear of being shipped off to The Program.

Unfortunately she has James, her boyfriend, the only one she can only rely on. They are madly in love and James has promised to protect Slone and t keep both of the out of The Program. 

But it's getting harder for them to hide their feelings and it's only a matter of time before The Program comes after them, aiming to wipe clean their memories that they so desperately want to hold on to.
Slone & James

I'm little bit conflicted on how I feel about this book because even I did have a couple issues with it, I did ultimately find myself really enjoying it. 

The main problem I had which mostly has to do with buying into the premiss. When I first started reading the book, I was less engaged to the story and more just going over in my head like this is not how you treat a depressed person and erasing memories from someone does not improve the imbalance of depression.I feel a bit frustrated at first because the world is so bleak and I would be depressed to if I live in a constant fear being flat and shipped off of The Program.  

However, despite my issues with believability of the premiss, I still found my self utterly sucked into this book. It was due to the writing, Young wrote something really compelling and gripping and just pulls you into the story and holds you there.

The emotional aspect, The Program made me feel 'things'. I felt for the character so much. I care about them until the end. I also really enjoyed Slone's transformation as she went through her treatment. 

Overall, I ended up really enjoying this book, this is a book one of a duology, there is going to be anothe sequel to The Program to conclude the story.  

Post a Comment

0Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)
To Top